The 4th french steering group was held in Paris on the 15th january. 10 participants took part in the meeting, mainly advisors and coordinators from national network of rural organizations. The agenda was mainly focused on the preparation of a national event planned in Paris in June 2020 about the issue of farm succession.
Several organizations have been working on that issue last few years, producing knowledge, studies, practices abstracts and toolkits.
Some studies we would like to share :
- INPACT (a national network agricultural and citizens organizations) : they have collected experiences of farms succession and good practices. They have published a toolkit for advisors and public authorities.
- RENETA : they have been working on improving the role of farm incubators for fostering farms successions.
- CELAVAR : the have been collecting interview of farmers who retired, new farmers who took over a farm and advisors for producing a psycho-sociological point of view of succession. The results would help to adapt our way of advising and mentoring successions.
This event is a real opportunity to join our forces to share our work and offer a large view of this issue.
The goals of this event are to :
- build a shared approach of the issue by presenting a diversity of studies and practices led by ground organizations.
- demonstrate our willing to join forces and cooperate with public authorities on this major issue
- share our recommendations for public policies
The target public would be mainly public authorities, advisors, private foundations…
On the second part of the steering group, we’ve discussed about communication toward new entrants: all partners is invited to share in their networks our materials : videos, practices abstracts and spread information about the newbie award.